Passport of the museum “Residence of Abylai khan”
|Located||Petropavlovsk sity, Sutyushev str., 1b|
|Established||13 November, 2007|
|Total building area||1034 square metres|
|Exhibit area||500 square metres|
|Total number of exhibits||616 items (of which 312 are permanently exhibited)|
|Director of the museum||Sadaev Ayan Nabiyevich|
|Staff composition||27 staff units|
The museum complex “Residence of Abylai khan” was founded on 13 November 2007 as a historical museum. The building of the museum is a monument of town-planning and architecture of republican importance it was taken under state protection in 2008. The historical and cultural value of the building lies in the fact that it is one of the first stone buildings in the uppermost part (upper forstadt) of the city. The history of this building is inextricably linked to the legends and stories about the life and activities of Abylai khan, one of the first to unite the Kazakh lands.
It has 4 exhibition halls and a foyer:
- Abylai khan's life years 1711–1770
- Abylai's chambers
- Throne room
- Abylai khan — great statesman (1771–1780), exhibition hall.
The museum organises sightseeing and thematic excursions, interactive events, meetings with interesting people and other events (in Kazakh and Russian languages).